Marketing Communications CoordinatorClient GrowthAll Practice AreasPortland, OR
At K&L Gates, we are looking for smart, imaginative and hard-working people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and ideas to join us. Perhaps our search for talented visionaries and your search for important and impactful work lead to the same place.
We are seeking a Marketing Communications Coordinator to join the Portland office. The Marketing Communications Coordinator is a firmwide role that provides varied project support across a broad spectrum of marketing projects. Tasks may include communication/writing projects to support client development, web-editing, client relationship management database support, electronic communications distribution, social media monitoring and campaign preparation, trafficking graphic and multimedia project requests, completing junior level graphic design projects, supporting firm ranking/directories submission process, and contributing toward special projects. Candidates must be self-starters who possess the ability to work independently and as part of a team. Excellent communication skills and a commitment to providing the highest quality client service are strongly preferred.
Director of Marketing Services, Marketing Communications Managers, and Marketing Technology Manager
• Develop marketing collateral, i.e., brochures, flyers, newsletters, etc.
• Web-editing— responsible for keeping content on our external website up to date.
• Write/edit news articles for publication on the firm’s internal intranet site— Compass.
• Author content for advertisements.
• Member of the firm’s social media team. Help establish our weekly social media editorial calendar as well a monitor social channels for firm mentions/activity.
• Prepare analytic reports representing syndicated content, blogs, website web pages, CLE On-Demand Center, etc.
• Support the firm’s client relationship management system (CRM).
• Help manage the firm’s mailing lists and push thought leadership into the marketplace.
• Provide junior level graphic design support using InDesign.
• Support the management of incoming graphics and multimedia project requests— trafficking.
• Provide administrative support to the director of marketing services, including calendar and budget management and other projects as requested.
EXPERIENCE SKILLS REQUIRED
• Bachelor’s degree in English, Communications, Marketing, Journalism or other related field and 1-2 years’ work experience.
• Strong organizational and project management skills with attention to detail and the ability to multi task and work under pressure with changing deadlines
• Strong written and verbal communication skills. Knowledge of AP Style is a plus.
• Excellent customer service skills and the ability to work independently and contribute toward team projects.
• Proficient with MS Office software products, including Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
• Experience with InDesign. Working knowledge of HTML and the Internet is a plus.
ADDITIONAL ABILITIES REQUIRED
• Communicate and interact effectively with employees and/or other clients.
• Frequently work at a fast pace with unscheduled interruptions.
• Effectively manage and communicate confidential issues.
• Attention to detail.
ABOUT THE FIRM
K&L Gates is a fully integrated global law firm with approximately 2,000 lawyers across five continents. We have experienced dramatic growth in the past decade and now rank among the largest U.S. based law firms in the world. We take pride in constantly striving for innovation, imagination and an entrepreneurial spirit. We come up with big ideas and then roll up our sleeves to get the job done, guiding our clients through their most complex issues in a variety of industry sectors and across multiple regions of the world.
The industry recognition the firm has garnered in the past five years emanates from the foundation of a global community aligned on behalf of our clients. The people at K&L Gates are committed to working together to create a legacy for each other, the firm, our clients, and the communities in which we serve. We thrive in an inclusive and socially conscious environment that embraces diversity and takes a holistic approach to the career evolution of all our professionals.
For more information or to view other job opportunities, please click here to go back to our careers page.
Notice: We participate in E-Verify in certain Firm locations for purposes of verifying employment eligibility.
We offer a dynamic work environment and excellent benefits.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
The Firm is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of the Firm that employment decisions shall be based on merit, qualifications and competence. Employment practices shall not be influenced or affected by virtue of a person’s race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, disability, military status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. This policy governs all aspects of employment including, without limitation, recruiting, hiring, compensation, benefits, promotion, assignment and dismissal. In addition, it is the Firm’s policy to provide an environment that is free of unlawful harassment of any kind including, without limitation, that which is sexual, racial, age-related, disability-related or ethnic background-related.