Shared Services GeneralistInformation TechnologyAll Practice AreasPittsburgh, PA
At K&L Gates, we are looking for smart, imaginative and hard-working people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and ideas to join us. Perhaps our search for talented visionaries and your search for important and impactful work lead to the same place.
The global law firm of K&L Gates has an immediate need for a Shared Services Generalist to join the Pittsburgh office. The Shared Services Generalist is responsible for assisting lawyers, paralegals, and legal staff with document preparation and troubleshooting and providing exceptional customer service in a global 24/7/365 environment. Candidates must be self-starters who possess the ability to work independently and as part of a team. Excellent communication skills and a commitment to providing the highest quality client service are strongly preferred.
• Create, format, and revise Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and PDF documents
• Troubleshoot and repair problem documents, including via remote assistance
• Add and update cross-references, tables of contents, and automatic numbering
• Generate comparison documents
• Transcribe various audio files
• Save and manage files in the file management system
• Transcribe handwritten notes
• Create diagrams and charts in Word and PowerPoint
• Assist with mailings by creating mail merged documents and labels
• Perform word-for-word checks of documents converted from PDFs to assure accuracy
• Update contact lists
• Research data on the intraweb and internet
• Record time entries for attorneys, paralegals, and other timekeepers
• Assist with creating tickets for and managing the request queue
EXPERIENCE SKILLS REQUIRED
• Prior relevant experience in a professional environment; legal industry experience strongly preferred
• Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office and Adobe Acrobat Professional
• Clear ability to produce accurate documents in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Demonstrated commitment to confidentiality, integrity, and sensitivity
• Dedication to delivering high quality customer service
• Ability to type at least 70 WPM
• High school diploma or GED required; Associate’s degree in relevant field preferred
• Knowledge of Mandarin Chinese, German, or French is a plus
ADDITIONAL ABILITIES REQUIRED
• Anticipate, plan, and prioritize work
• Manage competing demands to meet deadlines
• Exhibit flexibility in high pressure situations
• Work overtime when business needs dictate to meet deadlines
• Demonstrate a desire to learn new procedures and software packages as business evolves
Must be able to work Tuesday - Friday, 11:30PM - 9:30AM
ABOUT THE FIRM
K&L Gates is a fully integrated global law firm with approximately 2,000 lawyers across five continents. We have experienced dramatic growth in the past decade and now rank among the largest U.S. based law firms in the world. We take pride in constantly striving for innovation, imagination and an entrepreneurial spirit. We come up with big ideas and then roll up our sleeves to get the job done, guiding our clients through their most complex issues in a variety of industry sectors and across multiple regions of the world.
The industry recognition the firm has garnered in the past five years emanates from the foundation of a global community aligned on behalf of our clients. The people at K&L Gates are committed to working together to create a legacy for each other, the firm, our clients, and the communities in which we serve. We thrive in an inclusive and socially conscious environment that embraces diversity and takes a holistic approach to the career evolution of all our professionals.
For more information or to view other job opportunities, please click here to go back to our careers page.
Notice: We participate in E-Verify in certain Firm locations for purposes of verifying employment eligibility.
We offer a dynamic work environment and excellent benefits.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
The Firm is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of the Firm that employment decisions shall be based on merit, qualifications and competence. Employment practices shall not be influenced or affected by virtue of a person’s race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, disability, military status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. This policy governs all aspects of employment including, without limitation, recruiting, hiring, compensation, benefits, promotion, assignment and dismissal. In addition, it is the Firm’s policy to provide an environment that is free of unlawful harassment of any kind including, without limitation, that which is sexual, racial, age-related, disability-related or ethnic background-related.