Sr. Practice AnalystFinanceAll Practice AreasPittsburgh, PA
At K&L Gates, we are looking for smart, imaginative and hard-working people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and ideas to join us. Perhaps our search for talented visionaries and your search for important and impactful work lead to the same place.
We are seeking a Sr. Practice Analyst to join the Pittsburgh office. The Senior Practice Analyst is an experienced member of the Financial Planning & Analysis team who provides full financial support to Practice Group and Practice Area leads, Practice administrators and liase with Business Development. Develops strong relationships with Practice leadership and communicates frequently on both regularly scheduled intervals as well as on an adhoc basis. Candidates must be self-starters who possess the ability to work independently and as part of a team. Excellent communication skills and a commitment to providing the highest quality client service are strongly preferred.
PAL’s, PGC’s, Business Development and Finance
Key duties include but are not limited to
• Analyze the key business metrics relating to productivity, clients, inventory and the P&L in order to drive continuous improvement
• Review and report monthly and quarterly variances to Plan and Forecast including risks and opportunities thus enabling Senior Management to understand key business drivers
• Compile financial and operational data; preparing monthly reports for management to support opportunities and initiatives the leadership team is considering
• Partner with Business Development to provide financial data for RFP’s, Strategic initiatives and Business Reviews
• Manage the preparation, coordination and review of Practice financial and productivity performance including, but not limited to:
o Annual business plan -establish a strategic plan based on historical data and validated assumptions
o Monthly and quarterly forecasts - use qualitative and qualitative methods, including regression analysis, sensitivity analysis and business models to analyze trends and establish accurate forecasts
o Periodic business and management reviews
• Identify and incorporate key planning factors into the Plan and forecast processes to ensure quality benchmarks
• Provide financial information and analysis for inclusion in management presentations to compliment/support/clarify summary data and better inform the leadership team
• Prepare analysis, calculate ROI and report on Practice Business Development expenses
Experience and skills required
• Ability to identify and analyze multi-faceted problems and to recommend solutions
• Ability to analyze and interpret information and understand key underlying drivers impacting profitability
• History of participating on teams as well as the ability to build organizational relationships with peers
• Ability to work collaboratively with a diverse group of people at all levels, partnering with office and functional leads to understand and deliver financial data to meet the end-users business needs
• Strong writing and communication skills, along with clear and concise verbal skills
• Experience in the areas of financial reporting, forecasting, analysis and accounting knowledge through professional and/or educational background
• Ability to manage multiple assignments, has good judgment and prioritizes projects and time effectively
• Commitment to continuous learning, demonstrated desire to advance and seek opportunities to stretch capabilities
• Excellent Excel skills are required; additional skills with PowerPoint, Reporting Services, SQL and financial management/budgeting applications are beneficial
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Business or other relevant background (four year college or university) is required
• Previous experience in accounting and management principles, demonstrated numerical, analytical and problem-solving skills and strong oral and written communications skills
• May be required to work outside of standard office hours in order to meet deadlines
• Opportunity to travel to various office locations within the United States, less than 5%
• This job operates in an office setting and is largely sedentary, requiring the routine use of a computer and other standard office equipment. The ability to open file cabinets, lift files, bend and stand on a stool may also be required.
Note: Nothing in this job description restricts the firm’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this position at any time. Information provided represents the usual method of accomplishing the duties in this job. Reasonable accommodations will be considered in appropriate circumstances.
ABOUT THE FIRM
K&L Gates is a fully integrated global law firm with approximately 2,000 lawyers across five continents. We have experienced dramatic growth in the past decade and now rank among the largest U.S. based law firms in the world. We take pride in constantly striving for innovation, imagination and an entrepreneurial spirit. We come up with big ideas and then roll up our sleeves to get the job done, guiding our clients through their most complex issues in a variety of industry sectors and across multiple regions of the world.
The industry recognition the firm has garnered in the past five years emanates from the foundation of a global community aligned on behalf of our clients. The people at K&L Gates are committed to working together to create a legacy for each other, the firm, our clients, and the communities in which we serve. We thrive in an inclusive and socially conscious environment that embraces diversity and takes a holistic approach to the career evolution of all our professionals.
To learn what makes us different from other law firms, including our collaborative approach, entrepreneurial spirit, and our commitment to diversity, check out our video, “Grow Your Career at K&L Gates.”
If you agree that we are different from other law firms - and the right place for you to grow your career - please apply for this position. For more information or to view other job opportunities, please click here to go back to our careers page.
Notice: We participate in E-Verify in certain Firm locations for purposes of verifying employment eligibility.
We offer a dynamic work environment and excellent benefits.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
The Firm is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of the Firm that employment decisions shall be based on merit, qualifications and competence. Employment practices shall not be influenced or affected by virtue of a person’s race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, disability, military status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. This policy governs all aspects of employment including, without limitation, recruiting, hiring, compensation, benefits, promotion, assignment and dismissal. In addition, it is the Firm’s policy to provide an environment that is free of unlawful harassment of any kind including, without limitation, that which is sexual, racial, age-related, disability-related or ethnic background-related.