Voice Systems EngineerInformation TechnologyAll Practice AreasPittsburgh, PA
At K&L Gates, we are looking for smart, imaginative and hard-working people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and ideas to join us. Perhaps our search for talented visionaries and your search for important and impactful work lead to the same place.
K&L Gates has an opportunity for a motivated and responsible individual to fill a Contract Voice Systems Engineer role. Under the direction of the Firm wide Network Manager, the Contract Voice Systems Engineer is responsible for the implementation and operational support of voice systems and fulfilling project initiatives involving the K&L Gate's global voice network. This individual will ensure that stability, best practices engineering, and detailed troubleshooting disciplines are applied to firm voice systems. The Contract Voice Systems Engineer position responsibility encompasses activities, including but not limited to management and support of phone systems, phone hardware, Telco circuits, VoIP, Quality of Service, e911, network configurations and related technologies for delivery of voice services to the user.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
• Administration, and implementation of voice systems, UC & voice messaging services
• Fully resolve problems with firm voice systems and technologies (level 2+ support)
• Assist / advise other team members on voice issues and technologies
• Diagnosing call quality issues
• Determine and decide when to escalate problems to vendors / management and ensuring resolution and reporting of resolution to stakeholders.
• Maintaining documentation of voice systems, network, processes, procedures, troubleshooting guides and change management logs.
• Utilize Voice network monitoring and reporting tools
• Work with network engineers to ensure network transport is optimized for voice transport (e.g. Network Routing, Class of Service and QoS)
• Experience managing enterprise voice systems in a large, multi-office environment. 5+ years full time experience with at least 3 years in a primary voice systems support role.
• CCNP certification desired (Collaboration / UC)
• Experience with:
• Cisco Call Manager, 9.x or later
• Cisco Unity
• Cisco Call Center Express
• Akkadian Provisioning Manager
• Ability to use tools such as Cisco DNA & Cisco RTMT, log capture and Wireshark packet analysis to support troubleshooting efforts
• Knowledge of SIP trunking
• WAN transports & Services (Voice routing and prioritization across MPLS and/or SDWAN)
• Network switching / routing specific to VoIP in a Cisco environment
• Dial Plan Management, 800 services, other ancillary voice related services such as eFax
• General Network (IP schema, Video, Cabling, DHCP)
• Desk type position which requires a combination of sedentary and standing activities
• Daily use of personal computer and associated software systems.
The successful candidate must be an articulate analyst who can serve as an effective member of the team. The candidate should also be able to negotiate issues and resolve complex problems with creative solutions. The ability to organize, prioritize, and manage multiple tasks simultaneously is essential to this position.
Any information contained on this form represents the usual method of accomplishing the duties in this job. Reasonable accommodations will be considered in appropriate circumstances. However, as the nature of an accommodation may vary depending on the needs and desire of an individual with a disability, it is impossible to describe in advance specific accommodations that will be considered.
ABOUT THE FIRM
K&L Gates is a fully integrated global law firm with approximately 2,000 lawyers across five continents. We have experienced dramatic growth in the past decade and now rank among the largest U.S. based law firms in the world. We take pride in constantly striving for innovation, imagination and an entrepreneurial spirit. We come up with big ideas and then roll up our sleeves to get the job done, guiding our clients through their most complex issues in a variety of industry sectors and across multiple regions of the world.
The industry recognition the firm has garnered in the past five years emanates from the foundation of a global community aligned on behalf of our clients. The people at K&L Gates are committed to working together to create a legacy for each other, the firm, our clients, and the communities in which we serve. We thrive in an inclusive and socially conscious environment that embraces diversity and takes a holistic approach to the career evolution of all our professionals.
For more information or to view other job opportunities, please click here to go back to our careers page.
Notice: We participate in E-Verify in certain Firm locations for purposes of verifying employment eligibility.
We offer a dynamic work environment and excellent benefits.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
The Firm is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of the Firm that employment decisions shall be based on merit, qualifications and competence. Employment practices shall not be influenced or affected by virtue of a person’s race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, disability, military status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. This policy governs all aspects of employment including, without limitation, recruiting, hiring, compensation, benefits, promotion, assignment and dismissal. In addition, it is the Firm’s policy to provide an environment that is free of unlawful harassment of any kind including, without limitation, that which is sexual, racial, age-related, disability-related or ethnic background-related.