Desktop Support SpecialistInformation TechnologyAll Practice AreasNew York, NY
At K&L Gates, we are looking for smart, imaginative and hard-working people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and ideas to join us. Perhaps our search for talented visionaries and your search for important and impactful work lead to the same place.
We are seeking a Desktop Support Specialist to join the New York office. Provides support to internal clients for PC hardware, operating systems, software applications, peripherals, installations, and device imaging as a member of the K&L Gates Information Technology Department. This position is responsible for responding to, diagnosing, and troubleshooting problems through interaction with our internal clients to restore service. Position requires individuals to interact with internal clients closely, diplomatically, and technically. Strong interpersonal and communicational skills are required. Candidates must be self-starters who possess the ability to work independently and as part of a team. Excellent communication skills and a commitment to providing the highest quality client service are strongly preferred.
Work closely with all internal clients leveraging the knowledge, resources, and support groups within the firm. Collaborate with teammates in all firm locations.
• Provide operational technical support to clients relating to firm equipment
• Manage ongoing maintenance and deployment of new hardware and software for device life cycle
• Monitor and update service requests and incidents within the IT Service Management (ITSM) tool
• Provide on-site service support, installation, and configuration with PCs, smart devices, telephony, and network solutions
• Act as escalation point to Tier 1 group regarding any application- or hardware-related inquiry or issues relating to Microsoft Office, Windows OS, and Citrix-based solutions and smart devices
• Imaging of desktop and laptop computers—knowledge of System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) is a plus
• Provide setup, configuration, and troubleshooting of video conferences for internal and external meetings
• Prepare workstations, including the setup and configuration of laptops and desktops
• Interface with hardware vendors to facilitate repair and installation
• Continually evaluate opportunities to improve efficiency and effectiveness when resolving issues
• Ability to serve as a backup to the Tier 1 group when required
• Maintain inventory using internal tracking systems to ensure accurate reporting
• Assist with local installation of network devices
EXPERIENCE SKILLS REQUIRED
• B.A./B.S. in related field or equivalent education/experience to provide necessary skills to perform primary responsibilities
• Ability to multi-task, work under pressure, and handle interruptions while maintaining flexibility in work assignments
• Ability to communicate effectively and interact with diverse personalities while maintaining a professional attitude
• Ability to lift and/or move computer equipment and boxes
• Knowledge of Microsoft Windows OS and Microsoft Office Suite
• Ability to maintain professional communication by phone, email, and in person with lawyers, administration, support staff, and IT staff
• A + Certification preferred
• Knowledge of Cisco video conference solutions a plus
• Prior experience working for a professional service organization preferred
ADDITIONAL ABILITIES REQUIRED
• Occasional travel to other offices may be required
• Occasional overtime work as needed
• Occasional remote access work after hours to provide business continuity
• This job operates in an office setting and is largely sedentary, requiring the routine use of a computer and other standard office equipment. The ability to open file cabinets, lift files, bend, and stand on a stool may also be required.
ABOUT THE FIRM
K&L Gates is a fully integrated global law firm with approximately 2,000 lawyers across five continents. We have experienced dramatic growth in the past decade and now rank among the largest U.S. based law firms in the world. We take pride in constantly striving for innovation, imagination and an entrepreneurial spirit. We come up with big ideas and then roll up our sleeves to get the job done, guiding our clients through their most complex issues in a variety of industry sectors and across multiple regions of the world.
The industry recognition the firm has garnered in the past five years emanates from the foundation of a global community aligned on behalf of our clients. The people at K&L Gates are committed to working together to create a legacy for each other, the firm, our clients, and the communities in which we serve. We thrive in an inclusive and socially conscious environment that embraces diversity and takes a holistic approach to the career evolution of all our professionals.
For more information or to view other job opportunities, please click here to go back to our careers page.
Notice: We participate in E-Verify in certain Firm locations for purposes of verifying employment eligibility.
We offer a dynamic work environment and excellent benefits.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
The Firm is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of the Firm that employment decisions shall be based on merit, qualifications and competence. Employment practices shall not be influenced or affected by virtue of a person’s race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, disability, military status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. This policy governs all aspects of employment including, without limitation, recruiting, hiring, compensation, benefits, promotion, assignment and dismissal. In addition, it is the Firm’s policy to provide an environment that is free of unlawful harassment of any kind including, without limitation, that which is sexual, racial, age-related, disability-related or ethnic background-related.